6/11/11

Product/Technique Reviews!-Coconut Cream and Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly

Natural Coils Curling Jelly






Self-Explanatory




I recently tried Darcy Botanicals  Coiling Jelly ($12) which I purchased at the Natural Hair Extravaganza a few weeks ago.  I tried it three times.  Once exactly according to the directions, a second time with leave-in conditioner, and a third time with added water.  I noticed the best results when I added water the second day.  During the first trial, I noticed that the product dried in my hair and I had a few "hair boogers".  The second day, I added sprayed my hair with some rose water and olive oil (my usual hair refreshing mix).  This seemed to eliminate a lot of the "boogers".  Overall, I noticed good curl definition (the looser curls at the nape of my neck looked like a rat tail).  I will post pictures as soon as my camera acts like it has some sense!


Today, I did my honey-cinnamon-lemon hair hair lightener (featured in a previous post) and deep conditioned with coconut cream (about $1.50).  I've read posts on other blogs and seen YouTube videos that claim that it stretches or silkens your natural curl pattern.  I love my curl patternS (yes, plural, because I have about 3 different hair types), but I have noticed some single strand knots (SSKs) since I did the wash and go style with the Coiling Jelly (see above) and also a protective style with mini-twists.  I try to keep my hair stretched to avoid getting knots.  Again, I want to emphasize that I'm not trying to change my curl pattern.   I just want t try different ways to keep my ends tangle-free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment