6/17/11

#16: 30 Day Blog Challenge-Something You Always Think "What If..." About



Something I think "what if" about: my relationship with my dad.  I wonder what would be different if my dad and I had repaired our relationship before he was dying.  After being besties for most of my life, my dad and I had a falling out and didn't speak for an extended period.  I miss my dad all the time, but especially around Father's Day, his birthday, my mom's birthday (5 days before his and though she was 2 years younger than him, now she'll always be older), my birthday, and at weddings (I hate the father-daughter dance and I really hate when people dance to "Dance w/My Father").  I believe that God doesn't make mistakes and that all things happen for a reason, even when it's not apparent to us. When I miss my dad, I think about what might be different if he were still alive...because of that, I encourage my friends to cherish their loved ones and to maintain good relationships with those they care about because you never know when your last day will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment