6/5/11

#3: 30 Day Challenge-A Book You Love


A book I love...Hmmm...This is such a toughie because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to read!  I could be a good Southern girl and say the Bible, but I honestly enjoy listening to the Bible more than I do reading it, except for the book of Proverbs.  As for non-biblical books, my favorite book as a kid was Bridge to Terebithia, which is a great coming-of-age story about friendship and challenges.  I've read it often since I was about 11-12 and it still gets me.  Another favorite book is The Autobiography of Malcolm X w/Alex Haley.  I've read that book a million times, too.  I have always found this book to be inspiring, as both authors had humble beginnings and went on to greatness.  I wish this was on the required reading list in schools.  Finally, I love The Gift of Fear.    I don't know if it's because I was a Psych major or what, but I love this book and I find it very empowering and dead-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment