8/17/10

Shea Butter Parkay!! (Conspiracy Theory)

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some shea butter!  Like Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, "ooh, baby, I love it from head to toe!"  Well, in the midst of all this shea love, imagine my surprise and quite frankly my disgust when a dear friend called to inform me that my beloved shea might just be an imposter!  Apparently, the yellow, Playdoh (R) looking stuff that is sold in plastic tubs and glass jars as "African Shea Butter" is actually a blend of various nut butters, including shea, and some kind of yellow coloring.  The real Slim Shea-dy is actually more of a white color, according to preliminary research.  I will be doing more research on this foolishness, and will include more info as I find it (include where to find/order it).  In the meantime, if you're like me and you have tubs and tubs of the Designer Imposter shea butter, it is perfectly safe for continued use on hair and skin.  It's just not 100% pure shea butter.  Apparently, it's Shea Parkay!

No comments:

Post a Comment