5/25/11

Natural Hair Extraganza: Shout Outs and Previews



I attended this event on Saturday, May 21st and had a GREAT time!  I could only stay for an hour and a half, as I had to attend a work function, but boy, did I pack a lot of fun into that time. Upon entering, I was greeted by two beautiful naturals, given a bottle of water and some candy (YAY) and then given my choice of samples-Jessicurl Deep Conditioner or Mixed Chicks conditioner, and a Goody mini detangling comb/pic.  I chose the Jessicurl DC which I gave to a friend on the condition that she provide me with a review.  One of the highlights of the event was meeting one of my favorite YouTube vloggers, Keenya Griffin (aka KinkyKeenya)!! 

I wore my hair in a variation on the Southern Tease Bun (tutorial on YouTube, not by me).  When I got there, there was a live big chop in progress onstage, at least 30 vendors of natural hair products, home accessories, clothing and jewelry (I especially loved Aldoeuri Jewelry and Accessories which featured headbands, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings crafted from recycled materials-I bought a pair of earrings AND a necklace), etc.  I'll include pics of these in a later post!

I met with a young lady from Salimah's House (whose name escapes me :(  who was born with HIV and promotes HIV/AIDS and abstinence education among other things.  By the power of Google, I will contact you!


I won  a 4 oz jar of Crocodile Killer Extra Extra Dry Skin Pudding by Adiva!  The scent is a little woodsy and masculine to my nose, so I will be loaning that out for a review of the product.  On the plus side, the ingredients include water, vegetable oils (avocado, sweet almond, cloves, coconut, soybean), capryllic triglycerides in the first three listed.  Other ingredients include colloidal oatmeal and shea butter, both known for their serious moisturizing properties.

I purchased a beautiful soy candle from Pamper Me Essentials owner, Nakia Austin.  She provided me with a sample of her Brown Sugar Scrub, which I will review later on the blog.  Thank, Nakia!

I purchased some Natural Coils Curling Jelly by Darcy Botanicals from Karen Wilson of Karen WilsonBeauty.com.  I'll be reviewing that product as well.  Thanks for the product suggestion, Karen!

I also purchased some 100% Moroccan oil from Urpurebeaty.  I have tried this oil and so far, I love the scent and the sheen. 

I purchased some really cute, ironic "diamond" post earrings (5 pair) from Brit, the owner of The Mass Production Massacre (massproductionmassacre.com).  I'll feature a pic of the earrings on the blog along with a pic of the rest haul.

I also purchased a "Good Hair" t-shirt which will also be featured in the haul pics.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment